You must ONLY cross the Circuit at the designated Crossing Points.
This is to ensure your safety and that of the Riders and many people are unaware that even the youngest Riders traveling at high speed can seriously injure both you and them if there is a collision. Cycles do not have engines and can approach you quietly without you being aware.
To ensure we all have a safe day please follow the following code of conduct at the Crossing Points:
- Only Cross at designated CROSSING POINTS – these are clearly marked in the event programme and signposted.
- Only Cross when told to do so by the Crossing Marshal.
- Be aware, some Crossing Points are in two parts and also Cross a live Road with moving vehicles.
- Always obey the instructions of the Marshals – they are here to help you, keep you safe and also aide the smooth and fair running of the Race.
- Do not take Photographs or Video whilst Crossing.
- Regardless of Marshals instructions – please be vigilant and observant.
- Please do not harry or put pressure on the Marshals to ‘let you through’ – these Marshals are volunteers and have an important job to do.
- Walk fast across the Crossing – do NOT run as you may trip.
- Do not leave Children unattended and escort them on the Crossing.
- PushChairs – please be extra vigilant when crossing.
We hope you have a safe and enjoyable day.